Tuesday 28 July 2015

We're not alone here!!!

(I miss real food, and candies, and my toys, and home with my real bed...My dreams are plagued with all things good and normal and safe and warm)...

Dream Bubbles - Meshmerized


******

Waking up and realizing your surroundings, after such pleasant dreams is really hard...
Especially when you fully come to and you hear the grown ups talking of hauling water to the camp.
My initial thoughts are, "How are we supposed to get water here? We don't have car or wagon..."
Welp, I was soon about to find out.




Mr. Alex and Ms. Lucy located more buckets in an old shed somewhere, even though none of us are that big, we still have to carry water buckets back. *sighs*


The walks are always soooooo long. Hopefully we can find a closer water hole!


Oh my gosh, the water is soo heavy!!

We're supposed to carry this all the way back to camp?!?!


After getting back to camp, we sat our buckets down and collapsed on the ground. The buckets we're about as big as we were!! Most of us smaller kids we're dragging them.



******

We had about about 5 minutes of rest before Mr. Landon came rushing over with some news...
He said he had made some spears and found some fishing nets...


So it was back down to the waterfront... *sighs*

Dis was a really nice shirt dat I was tryin to catch!! I not did get it doe..

   I felt kinda bad for having to kill animals, but we have to eat to survive...
I catch'd all dem fishes!! By mineself! Mr. Landon teached us how a do it yike profishinols do!

Then came the bad news...we we're going to have to carry these back to camp too!!!!


******   ******   ******   ******



After being here for so long (at least it feels like since the days seem to be longer and there's always work to do) You grow accustomed to your surrounding. All the weird noises I used to be afraid of  just seem normal, you kind of forget about them.

We decided to try a different route this time, to maybe cut off some walking/carrying time.
That was a BAD idea!!
We turned a corner and we're almost face to face with Zombies!! Real life Zombies!!! They're much scarier than in video games. Luckily for us all the grown ups have been carrying guns with them, since we found them. I figured it was just in case of bears or something...Now this!!










(To be continued)....













No comments:

Post a Comment